Monday, June 23, 2014

five types of text

1. Text Messages: I think text messaging is a perfect example of writing that is "alive".  Part of the definition is that it is "part of human activity" and text messaging is a huge part of human activity.  Most of us compose text messages everyday.



2. Infographics: Infographics are very much alive in my opinion.  They definitely activate the viewer's thoughts and direct their attention.




3. Instagram: Instagram is more of a platform for texts but I think it is a good example of texts that are "alive".  Everyone interprets visuals in a different way so I think it gives way for a very creative and audience-driven outlet that promotes human interaction.



4. Tattoos:  Tattoos are a huge part of our culture today.  Tattoos seem "alive" to me because the person who has it is what gives real meaning to the words.



5. Videos:  Videos are a type of text widely used today.  I think these are "alive" for an obvious reason, being that they are animated.  The words therefore seem as though they take on a life of their own.


No comments:

Post a Comment